Rattler Ride Guide
Please take time to read this guide to make sure you understand the format of the Rattler Pro Ride event and the terms and conditions under which you participate.
There is always an element of risk involved when participating in cycling events, we hope that this guide provides you with the information to minimise these risks and ensure you get the most out of the event.
Before the Event:
The Rattler Pro Ride 2018 is an endurance-based cycle challenge and the opportunity to ride with an experienced rider at your side. You should have been training to ensure you have the appropriate level of fitness to complete your chosen route.
Check your bike is roadworthy and in good mechanical condition. If in doubt we recommend you have it serviced by a reputable bike mechanic.
- Eat meals high in carbohydrate the day before the event (Pasta, Rice, Potatoes etc..)
- Drink plenty of fluids and avoid alcohol to ensure good hydration levels.
- Try and get plenty of rest and sleep in the nights leading up to the event.
- Make sure you pack everything you need for the event, in particular:
- Ensure you have appropriate clothing for the conditions.
- Cycle helmets are compulsory – Without a helmet you won’t be allowed to ride!
- Drinks and energy snacks to sustain you on the ride.
- Cycle Repair Kit (with 2 x inner tubes, pump, 2 x tyre levers, and a multi-tool).
- Try and have a good breakfast at least an hour before you start the ride.
On the Day:
The Check-In process will be open from 06:30 and you will need to bring some ID with you. The ride schedules are below, please make sure you arrive in plenty of time (at least an hour before your ride start time) so you can be allocated a start time and introduced to the experienced rider for your group.
Ride Start Times:
- The 100 Mile Ride will set off from 08:00
- The 50 Mile Ride will set off from 09:00
- The 25 Mile Ride will set off from 11:00
Our aim is to have riders set off at 10-15 minute intervals in groups of 7 or 8, each group will be accompanied by an experienced rider from either the Saint Piran cycling team or the BCR sportive group to ensure you get the most out of your Rattler Pro Ride experience.
For those that want to ride unaccompanied please let us know when you check-in and we will show you where to set off from. The routes will have colour-coded arrows along the way but we recommend you also familiarise yourself with the up to date Strava routes.
There will be feed stations at 25 miles, 50 miles and 75 miles. The locations are as follows:
- Crantock (for the 50 mile & 100 mile routes)
- Luxulyan (for the 100 mile route)
- Caerhays (for the 100 mile route)